I am trying to sell you something, the idea that ACRONYMS are stupid. You can use your CC to make payment.
LGBT has evolved into adding all sorts of letters, now I haven’t a clue what the “correct” acronym is.
Go back go GAY.
TPI is having this problem too. TPI is The Pot Industry.
Take for example this statement from Weed News:
What it is:
- A Point of Banking System (PBS) creates a cash-free ATM
- The PBS uses your debit card, or credit card if you can remember your PIN, to do a cash transaction.
- It feels like you’re buying legal cannabis with credit cards.
ATM and PBS. We all know what ATM means, A Place To Get Money.
PBS is the Public Broadcasting System, but now it’s also Point of Banking System (why leave out the o?? Make it POBS. That would make more sense but no, the ANS (Acronym Naming Society) has picked PBS even though POBS would define it better.
Now let’s acronymize more as clearly this 3 point statement of facts is too wordy, needs acronymania.
Here is the new version approved by the ANS:
- A PBS creates a CF/ATM
- The PBS uses your DC, or CC if you CRY PIN, to DACT.
- It feels like Y’r BLC with CC.
Oh that’s much better! Look at all the space saved!